Little Mix!

Little Mix!
2011 WINNERS!!

Sunday 2 October 2011

OH EM GEE!! The Big Reveal...

Ok so this weekend I was away so missed the show, thank heavens for Sky+ is all I can say! All the way home in the car from Blackpool I was clock watching trying to figure out how much time I would have to catch up on both episodes with managing to unpack, shower etc. I'm so pleased I did, I'm so tired but had to write this before crashing, I'm WIRED! (had to check the spelling there, make sure it said wired, not weird)
Judges houses is always full of tears, controversy and most of all talent! This year it didn't fail in any of those categories, the one thing I found more this year than any other was disappointment, in both the acts and the final choices. Here's my view:

Gary and the Boys:
Firstly I have to say, Robbie was amazeballs, he done a great job with Gary. This category brought my biggest disappointment with Luke Lucas, such a shame, after that first big audition he just blew it, trying to sing a song that just wasn't right for his voice, it sounded bad and looked awkward.
The final 4 boys in my view were the wrong choice, Craig and Marcus are fabulous, Craig is the one to beat in this competition, he gives me goosebumps every time I hear him, I could buy him album tomorrow. Frankie....no....I just don't get him, I never got the hype at his audition or bootcamp, he's a mediocre singer with ridiculous hair. He reminds me of a male Katie Waissel, very unique kind of voice but not as good as a few sent home. James is another one I'm unsure of, he sometimes has a beautiful voice, but he never looks like he wants to be there, when he sang Skinny Love last night he looked very uncomfortable. He might open up when he sings with his guitar, fingers crossed.
Final thought on Boys - Craig has set the bar high this early in the process, but also expectations.

Tulisa and the Groups:
Wowzers, go Tulisa causing controversy in your first year, love it! I've said it before, she's a tough cookie this lass and isn't afraid to push the boundaries if she believes in something. I loved her and Jessie J, they would make interesting music together - just a thought! Back to the groups, No major surprises this time, think Tulisa picked the right groups for the correct reasons. 2 Shoes singing Tick Tock was amazing, they nailed it, well and truly earned their spot in the finals. Nu Vibe doing their little remix of Written in the Stars/Nobody's Perfect, very clever, original and fresh loved it. Rhythmix - this is the only group that I'm unsure of, maybe it was just the clip we seen but I thought it sounded too much, for me the girls sang together too much, it was a bit overpowering, good voices individually though. Finally we've got The Risk *dum dum duuuuuuuum* queue dramatic music! Completely agree with Tulisa on this one, I said when watching The Keys that for me it seemed like a solo audition from Charlie with a bunch of his mates helping him out. The Risk just didn't feel right, now they do and I'm excited to see what they produce!
Final thought on the Groups: I think this year brings the strongest Groups category ever, a very exciting prospect for the Live shows.

Kelly and the Girls:
Awww I love Kelly, she is so down to earth and funny, fave quote of the night on Saturday was after Amelia sang 'E.T' and Kelly said 'Katy Who?' haha I loved it, mainly because I had literally just said that Amelia sang it better than Katy Perry when we saw her live! Fabulous. My pre-show prediction for the girls was Amelia, Janet, Mischa and Jade, so I was very close, I really didn't see Jade getting the boot, that shocked me to the core - THE CORE!! Although saying that, I really loved Sophie, beautiful tone to her voice, she's always kind of hid behind the others for me, tonight she jumped out, I was very pleasantly surprised. Mischa bringing the rap with a hint of soul was great, really loved her performance, and Janet just done her usual thing, I hope it doesn't become predictable, that's my only concern with her, Kelly needs to be careful with Janet. Amelia is just, wow, no words I write will describe how good she is, her and Craig will keep this competition real.
Final thought for the Girls: Katy who? EXACTLY!

Louis and the Over 25's
It pains me to write about this category, actual pain is what I feel when thinking about it! Louis seriously you hurt my head! Firstly I have to hand it to Goldie for stepping down, for whatever reason she gave it was the right thing to do, it would've been a female Wagner. I can't find any feasible reason why Louis could pick Goldie over Sami, I admit Goldie would be entertaining, but the whole point is to find a star who will sell records, isn't it? Unless I'm seriously mistaken, Goldie can't sing? Whatever, moving on. JonJo sang an Adele song reasonably well, he deserved to get through, my honest opinion, he won't win it, there's too many other amazing artists to compete against. Johnny, he's lovely and has a unique voice, would I buy his album, no. Sorry. Kitty, ARGH, she irritates me, when she started to sing I closed my eyes and really enjoyed it, then it got a little shouty but still I thought 'Yea she's really good' then she finished and I opened my eyes and the urge of anger returned as soon as she kicked her shoes off and jumped in the pool! Attention seeker to the max! I think Louis only put her through because he knows it will divide the nation like Jedward did. Difference with Kitty is she can actually sing. Sami - she's amazing, it's Louis who's had the life line given to him this time, he's lucky to have been given a 2nd chance to correct his mistake. She is his chance.
Final thought for Over 25's: Louis your an eejit, but you know how to keep people watching!

The Live shows start next week, that will be exciting to say the least, and there's a Twist, oooooooo what could it be? I have no idea and I have no intention of finding out, why I hear you ask? Because I prefer the shock factor when I'm watching it, it's much more exciting. That's why I enjoyed judges house's so much because I hadn't read any of the leaked stories, it ruins the suspense.

Final thought for this week: very interesting line up for the live shows next week, normally you can smell the winner a mile off but this year I think it's a tough call, all categories have very strong contenders. Good luck to you all, we shall be judging you each step of the way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment