Little Mix!

Little Mix!
2011 WINNERS!!

Saturday 15 October 2011

The Year of the Groups!

What a bloooooming fabulous show tonight, I had my home made wedges and some nice chicken nuggets fresh out of the oven with a nice glass of cider to wash them down, I was ready for it!
I don't want to go into too much detail about each of the acts and how they shone or flopped as it will become a bit boring after a few weeks and my blog will end up being 197 million pages long, and nobody wants that! So instead I'm going to split it into 3 categories, the 'YAY's' the 'NAY's' and the 'Hmmm's'

I have to start with the YAY's and the act that officially blew my quite large size 7 socks off, best performance of the night - only just though - The Rhythmix! Those girls really brought it tonight, and I don't ever say that, I don't even know what 'it' is but it was definitely brought! There's real chemistry between these girls, they nailed 'I'm like a bird' and the harmonies were spot on, well done girls, you got my vote, plus as Tulisa said, I don't get the impression your about to steal my boyfriend which is always an added bonus!
Other acts in the YEY category are Janet, The Risk, Sami and Mischa B. Little Janet Devlin, she looked so lost on that stage, until she started to sing, beautiful from start to finish, what a trooper! The Risk, these are not young boys who are just here for the excitement and the screaming girls (ok maybe a little bit), they mean business, you can tell they worked hard on their performance. They look, act and sing like a group of men who have grew up together singing, yet they haven't, just brilliant.
Sami, now then, this was a close one, she almost made the 'Hmmm' Category, as at first I was on the fence, I couldn't decide whether she was nailing it, but then came the 'AND IIIIIIIIIIII' which immediately nudged her up into this category, not many people can tackle THAT Whitney song and pull off the hardest bit, she did, bravo. Then We've got Mischa B, she made that song her own, so much so I had no idea what it was but I was enjoying it, I finally figured it out and was amazed at how different she had made it. Nothing copycat about her at all, she's 100% original, owned the stage like a star.

Now then, unfortunately not everyone can deliver like superstars every week so I have to be honest and pick out the people I think didn't. The hardest thing about this is that the performance we hear at home is totally different to that in the studio, I've been to a few of the X Factor tours and people I thought were rubbish have totally wowed me. Nevertheless I can only go off what I thought from my TV, so here goes. Sorry in advance.
*Dermot Voice* The acts that made it to the NAY category this week are, in no particular order.......*long pause with dramatic music* Nu Vibe, *cue Boo's* Frankie, *cue uncontrollable sobs from screaming girls* and Sophie *cue shocked faces from the Judges* Okay that was fun, I enjoyed that, it made this category slightly easier to write :-) now for my reasons....
Nu Vibe, now last week I wasn't wowed but put it down to first show nerves as they are young, however this week again I just didn't feel it. Vocally each of them have talent, but together they seem to struggle, lack of chemistry and harmonies just don't sound right.
Frankie, clearly I'm just not a Frankie fan, I say this every week but I still just don't get him at all, song choice this week was poor, well actually the song is fantastic, I love it personally, but not that version.
Lastly we've got Sophie, I actually feel guilty putting her in this category, but it just had to be done. I think this week was one of those performances I mentioned earlier where you have to be there to appreciate it. From my living room, it didn't sound that great, she seemed to struggle - the judges comments clearly contradict what I'm saying which is why I think it must've sounded better live. Not denying she has talent though because she has.

Lastly we have the 'Hmmm's' now these are all the acts that were neither rubbish nor fantastic. Some of which I was disappointed in after last week, and some I'm disappointed in their mentor! Cue Johnny. Louis Louis Louis, what are you doing to this man, although saying that, Johnny did look like he absolutely loved every minute of tonight. No one else in this competition could've sang that song as good as him, nor looked as happy as him singing it! However I agree with what Gary said, I don't want to laugh at him, he's respectable and very talented.
Marcus and Craig, both of these had the same problem I thought, wrong song. I think Craig should have sang Marcus' song, it would've suited him better. Neither of them looked comfortable singing their song this week, which was a huge disappointment for me because they were in my faves last week.
Then we have Kitty - I have expressed that I'm not a Kitty fan on many occasions, mainly because she's just too much for me. So you probably would've  expected to see her in the 'NAY' category, what you forget is I base my decision on talent, and regardless how much people dislike her, she is talented and tonight she put on a dam good show, however she wasn't flawless hence the reason she made this category.

One thing I have to mention about this week, the judges seemed happier, obviously we had a few of the expected jibes and digs, mentors getting defensive about their act, but generally the mood seemed happier, which is obviously down to the fact that they don't have to send an act home tomorrow, but guess what? WE DO MWAHAHAHAHAHA! Get voting or you may see your favourite sent home, I've already backed my fave!

I think that concludes my summary of this week's performances, tune in tomorrow for my view on the results!
Ooo ooo ooo - no I forgot my predictions, ok, as Gary said earlier, if this was based on Talent then the result would be different, meaning Frankie would be gone, however as fan base is always a huge factor in the voting process then I think Kitty or Sophie may be in trouble. Which is a shame as I think they have more to give.

Quote of the night - Johnny "You can rub my lamp any time Gary" "VOGUE!"

2 comments:

  1. What a great show tonight...well everything from Rhythmix till the end! I totally agree with you bout Rhythmix they were so fresh and exciting last night. They got my vote! As did The Risk great performance from them again just puts them behind Rhythmix for me! :) #teamtulisa

    Great blog, keep it up!

    T Army, NW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your nice words, appreciate you taking the time to read it! Fingers crossed for Rhythmix tonight!

    ReplyDelete