Little Mix!

Little Mix!
2011 WINNERS!!

Sunday 9 October 2011

BOOM! Explosive Live Show!!!

I apologise in advance for the length of this post, I'm so excited about tonight's episode I've just got so much to write and I can't bring myself to cut it short - just read it in small doses :-) (not every week will be this long)

Well I HAVE to start by mentioning the big Twist, at first I was like oooooooooh that's going to be fabulous, but after seeing the acts perform tonight I'm not so happy about it, I've got a horrible feeling that a few of my favourites will be leaving, not a happy bunny!
Ok ok ok, where do I begin, let's discuss each judge and their acts together just so I don't get over excited and start going off on one in between each act.

I have to start with my favourite - I know I shouldn't have a favourite but it's just too hard. Tulisa has won over the nation. She promised to be feisty and bring an edge to the competition and she has delivered on that promise. Tonight she was critical when she needed to be, defensive at exactly the right times - quote "Are you Mental"- very professional too :-) - all this under the watchful eye of Mr Cowell and about 15million viewers for the very first time. Round of applause for Ms Contostavlos. To top it off, WOW what a job she's done with the groups, this girl knows her shiz.
1st up was the extremely talented and down to earth Rhythmix. Now I have to be honest, I wasn't a fan of theirs to begin with, no particular reason, but after tonight I have to agree with Gary, they are by far the best girl group The X Factor has ever seen. It's refreshing to have talented young girls come together and deliver like that, not trashy or over glamorous just completely modern and 'girl next door' like.
Next we saw 2 Shoes, these girls are actually very talented, which unfortunately was lost a bit tonight, personally I feel the song wasn't right for them, it was good and bubbly but didn't advertise their talent like other songs could've. Slightly disappointed because I was excited to see them smash it, fingers crossed for next week.
Nu Vibe - now these will obviously get the vote from the screaming girls, no doubt about that, they are attractive young boys with enough talent between them to take them so far, how far exactly, I'm not so sure. Tonight's performance was ok, not up there with the best though.
Last for Tulisa we saw the boy band she put together at judges houses, perfectly named The Risk. Bang on Tulisa, you saw something there and went with it, best decision ever. These boys, men in fact, nailed it tonight. No gimmicks, just talent. The harmonies were spot on, and they each brought their own piece to the table, nobody hid behind anyone else, LOVED IT.
The Twist: If it the decision was mine then based on tonight it would have to be Nu Vibe, but I have a feeling it may be 2 Shoes.

Let's go to Louis now, always makes me smile - in an evil angry way! Like I've said previously, Louis isn't actually that bad this year, he has started to try and wind Gary up - must be like a substitute Simon, but Gary doesn't bite, he just laughs which is even better! Swiftly moving on to his acts:
Johnny was up first, bless him. Louis what on earth were you thinking?? Vocally I was surprised, I didn't expect him to sing that song as good as he did, Bravo Johnny. Visually I was even more surprised! It was fun, and he definitely has the personality factor. As Tulisa said, he's my guilty pleasure.
Jonjo next, he failed to stand out, and in a competition as big as this, you have to stand out, bad song choice, albeit his own choice - which Louis was quick to announce! He does have talent but against the other contestants he was easily forgotten tonight. Harsh but true.
Whoa, Sami, you sure made Louis feel like an eejit tonight, what was he thinking not putting you through. For me she was up amongst the top performances of the night, absolutely blew me away. I hope Louis knows how lucky HE is to have her back, not the other way around. She really owned the stage, and that voice is just amazing.
And then we get knocked straight back into reality with Kitty. Okay, I like Marmite, so if Kitty is like Marmite then I should like her, right? Wrong! Because she isn't Marmite. Very peculiar this one, for the first time I actually felt for her tonight, you could tell she was terrified, it was obvious in her voice and her stage presence. Sorry but I'm still not a fan, I'd be more than happy to be won over though.
The Twist: I'm not a Kitty fan but I'd like to see her change my mind, so for me I think it would have to be Jonjo - which I've got a feeling Louis will go with too.

Next we've got the stunning Kelly - how on earth can some one be that gorgeous, it's just not even fair! As well as her beauty she also has an amazing sense of humour, but very serious when needed. It's clear she's got a soft spot for Gary, always coming to his defence when the other judges disagreed with him tonight, but yet she also has a clear bond with Tulisa (more so on Xtra Factor ;-P). Kelly sure has a tough category and this is where I get worried.
Amelia Lily opened the show with a bang - she is my favourite, very rock chick, but such an amazingly raw voice, very much Christina Aguilera like. Her song let her down slightly tonight, but she didn't play it safe like some others and I just hope Kelly see's past that and keep's her in, she could win it.
Next was Sophie, she definitely looks the part, and has a beautiful voice. Her performance tonight in my opinion was lacking something, I was waiting for a big finish but it never happened.
Misha B, well what do I say! What can I say that hasn't already been said?? She was rubbish - which would be a lie!! This girl has everything, excellent song choice, loved how she mixed it up to match her style. You would think she'd been doing this years. Vocally she was flawless. Well Done Misha.
Closing the show we had Janet, little old shy Janet. Not so shy now may I add! As bad as this sounds, all the way through the show I was praying she would be rubbish, just so she would be an easy choice for Kelly and then Amelia would be safe. Dam you Janet for being so good! Slightly nervous but even the nerves went well with the song. Brilliant song choice and a brilliant performance.
The Twist: Oooooo this is tough, as much as I like her voice, I would have to pick Sophie, simply because I prefer the others. Good luck Kelly, tough decision on your hands.

Finishing things we've got Gary, good old Mr Barlow. When did he become so ruggedly handsome! Did I miss it? Found it now so not to worry! Seems he's decided to slip into Simon's 'Mean' shoes. However saying that, most of what he said I agreed with before he'd even said it.
To start things off for the legendary Gary Barlow we had Frankie, ARGH he frustrates me so much, and alot of people (mainly young girls) will probably hate me now, but I just don't get him at all. I really want to do the 'Jackass' style razor attack on the back of his head just so he would have to cut his hair! I'm positive that under that hair, the tight pants and the awkwardness there is talent, I just haven't seen very much of it yet! Ouch, sorry!
James didn't do much better either, at least he didn't look as awkward this time due to the fact he had his guitar. He failed to wow me with his performance, and at times sounded - to be frank - terrible. Again Ouch, Sorry!
Now then, Marcus, I liked him. *Shock Horror* he is so down to earth and such a loveable character, then he sings and you just love him even more. Who cares what the papers write, why should sexuality change your opinion on someone. It shouldn't. The song didn't really suit him but in the same respect he gave it his all and done a fabulous job!
Then we've got the amazing Craig, what a diamond he is. I love watching him perform, he really means every word he sings, I get lost in the story he is telling, and his voice is just beautiful. The way he built it up to the end was perfect for me, and like Kelly, I wanted to throw a pen at him and shout 'Sing Boy'
The Twist: I have to say James, and I think Gary will too. He seems too in favour of the other boys.

This year X Factor seems to have exploded bigger than usual. It's amazing to be a part of, even if it is just through Twitter and this Blog. The build up through the week is great, I used to love my job but now it's just a chore I have to do in between watching the show haha. The online activity is immense as well, I never saw any non X Factor related tweets on Twitter tonight - same on Facebook. 2011 is the best!! Keep it up Team X Factor.

Tomorrow will be interesting to say the least - and I will be back with my views as usual! Can't wait!!!!

PS - Loved Dermot as usual, so glad he is back on our screens where he belongs!

3 comments:

  1. Am enjpying your post but can i ask, is it my screen or is it very difficult to read your blog with the font amd colour you are using? My eyes got blurry and sore, this dosent normanly happen to me. I could only get to end of nuvibe and had to stop. Well done btw. Im not being critical or owt :-):-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's your eyes and screen! Just kidding, I'll have a play around with the fonts and styles see if I can make it better for you. Thanks for reading and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey i think it was my eyes. Cause i read it there with no problem haha. Very good, fair play to you, agree with all your twist predictions, altho i think Franky is in danger and Kitty because of her recent comments

    ReplyDelete