Little Mix!

Little Mix!
2011 WINNERS!!

Sunday 23 October 2011

The X Factor, Controversial, WHAT!! NEVER!!

I bet Simon isn't complaining now....
Wow, my mind is still racing with what I want to write and where to start, sheesh kebab! We've had everything tonight, rock songs turned into pop songs, pop songs turned into rock songs, high fives, low blows, arguments, superstars and karaoke stars. How do you begin reviewing something as explosive as tonight, here's how - FANBLOODYTASTIC!!!!!! You gotta love a bit of drama on a Saturday night, I told you it gets boring when everyone likes everyone, tonight is where the fun started! Even Gary was brutally honest to his own act, quote 'You deserved to be in the bottom 2 last week Frankie' - BINGO. Ok lets get back on track and discuss the talent, or lack of it in certain cases, same method as last week, I will categorise as 'YAY' 'NAY' or 'Hmmm' let the brutally honest'ness commence....

Let's start with the YAY's - now this category originally only had 2 acts in, but after more reviewing I managed to squeeze in another 2, it was borderline though. This is based solely on tonight's performance, nothing else. Ok.
The biggest YAY goes to the act that stole the show for me, the fabulous, amazing Johnny Robinson! He has stole my heart and I just love everything about him, the song tonight was made for him! He more than nailed it, he hammered it into a wall and hung a picture on it!! I could kiss him he makes me that happy! Ahem, need to get a grip now...
Next we've got the amazing Marcus, he opened the show with a bang, and not only did he sound awesome, he also looked awesome, so comfortable and happy on stage, another perfect song choice.
Ok so the next 2 in the YAY category only just made it and strangely both for the same reason. Craig and Mischa, now before you start shouting abuse at me, hear me out. Both seemed to have the same problem, started really shaky and out of tune in parts, well that's how it sounded to me, however midway through both of them seemed to pick up and then started to really smash the bigger parts of the songs. Luckily the finale of the song nudged them up from Hmmm to YAY, only just though.

Next up the Hmmm category. Now don't assume acts in this category weren't very good, because that's not the case, it's just that they didn't wow me like I'd hoped. And this week quite a few failed to WOW me....
First up, Janet, now vocally I think she is amazing, and she sang Sweet Child of Mine beautiful tonight, however I got bored, I was waiting for something and it didn't come, not sure what but I know I didn't get it.
Rhythmix, I owe you an apology, it's my fault you didn't wow me this week, I expected too much from you. After last week I was buzzing about this group and just wanted bigger and better however I think my expectations were a bit too high therefore I felt disappointed. Still vocally amazing, just not as good as last week for me. Same with The Risk, good effort but I preferred last week, still want to see more of them though.
Next up Kitty - can't stress how much I love to see people play and sing so the piano at the beginning won me over, however the vocals weren't all that. Overall I think she performed the song well, a proper rock song might I add, with flames and everything! She just hasn't quite crossed the barrier from quite good, to fabulous.

Lastly we have the NAY category, one of the acts I think should just live in this category! The other 2 don't deserve to be in it generally, but I just didn't like tonight's performance. Surprise surprise, we've got Frankie.... no shocked faces I see. To be fair to him, tonight he definitely looked the part, and had the right attitude/stage presence however vocally it was like listening to someone in my local pub, it just didn't sound very good at all, albeit that song isn't exactly a sit on a stool and sing your heart out kind of song but still. Not up to the standards of the other contestants at all.
Therefore if you hadn't guessed already, the last 2 contestants in this category are Sami and Sophie. Both of which generally have amazing voices, but tonight I just wasn't keen on their performances. For me Sami was very karaoke, which you could tell she knew herself, total wrong song for her - put your foot down next week, don't let Louis ruin you Sami! And Sophie, I think this was more the song than Sophie, I love Bonjovi singing Living on a Prayer acoustically therefore immediately compared him with Sophie which is wrong of me, however I couldn't help it. I also found it quite boring.

Not sure what was put in the Judges drinks tonight but they all seemed very much on edge, what with the song choices either not being rock enough, or the backstage Mischa drama. Maybe some of the comments tonight should have been curbed however if Simon asked for more drama on air, then he definitely can't complain after tonight, the claws were well and truly out, and I for one LOVED IT!!

My predictions for tomorrow, as Lemar once said, If there's any justice in this world, then Frankie will be sent home. I don't think it would be fair on any of the other acts if that isn't the outcome, but hey, who knows! We shall see......

2 comments:

  1. I agree with nearly all of this. Except that Craig is in my 'hmmm' category, and Kitty is in my 'yay'.
    (I'm new to this blog thing, and still trying to find my way around - but I've found you somehow, and I'm clicking the 'follow' button as soon as I find it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Craig was borderline for me, and so was Kitty.
    Thanks for reading! and taking the time to comment. :-)

    ReplyDelete