Little Mix!

Little Mix!
2011 WINNERS!!

Sunday 30 October 2011

The Live Shows Have LANDED!!!!

You have to be honest and admit that the first few weeks of the live shows this year haven't been as explosive as expected, I was so revved up after the auditions, bootcamp and the judges houses especially with the new judges and the amazing talent, but for some reason the contestants haven't wowed me as much as I would have liked. However tonight, finally everyone upped their game, best live show by far, a few acts turned a corner tonight! What a belter of a show, and sorry to say it but I didn't miss Kelly. Alexandra was fabulous, a welcome addition to the panel, one I hope to see again next week ;-) HINT!
My opinions have changed a lot from the first stages to now, even more so after tonight, let me explain....

Tonight I'm starting with the NAY Category, just to mix things up a bit...
No prizes for guessing the winner of this category is Frankie, I'm starting to dislike almost everything about him, his hair, trousers, voice and even more so his attitude. He basically talks/shouts through his songs, I can do that! It's a shame if he stays and other more talented people leave. Should I stay or Should I go...... GO!
Joining him we've got Sophie, she's one of my changed opinions, lovely girl and at Judges houses I was totally wowed by her, now I find her a bit boring. I think it may be to do with other contestants blowing me away on the stage. 

Next up is the Hmmm contestants.
Firstly is Mischa B, now if I was basing this on her dancers then she would be in the YAY category, they were fabulous weren't they! However I'm not. Now we all know Mischa can sing, without a doubt, but for me tonight her performance lacked ooomph, I wasn't keen on the rap either, sometimes it's great but tonight it just didn't do anything for me!
The next 2 are Craig and Janet, now I absolutely loved both of them from day one, but now they've become predictable and I don't get excited listening to them anymore, I hope they both get through next week and really shock me with something totally out of the blue. Bring back the hairs on the back of my neck! 

Then we've got the YAY category, which this week is busting at the seams!
In a normal week, The Risk would've ended up in the Hmmm category with tonight's performance, it was far from perfect and the song was a bit risky, but the fact they were a man down on Thursday then Ashford stepped in on Friday and they still came out and delivered a fairly polished performance deserves a spot in this category! Well done guys!
Oh Johnny, you star! You did it again! No gimmicks, no tinfoil outfit, just him and a piano. If I could've I would've got up on stage and hugged you as well! Finally proved you aren't just the fun factor, you have an amazing voice! Loved it.
Kitty next, regardless what people think of her, you CANNOT deny that performance was original and inventive, she sang pretty dam good as well and you can tell she put her all into it. I genuinely look forward to what she is going to do next and that what it's all about.
Lastly we've got Marcus, the only thing I didn't like about his performance tonight was that cane he was carrying everywhere, WHAT. No idea what that was in aid of. Regardless of that though he was ace, he has become one of my new favourites, and the beginning I kind of didn't notice him, but by heck now I do! Go Marcus!!

Now I can hear the confusion among you, 2 in NAY, 3 in Hmmm and 4 in YAY, that doesn't add up considering there's 10 contestants left! I have a sneaky new category I've been hiding from you, no one has been worthy of it until tonight, drum roll please.........are you ready.........wait for it...........a little longer.........ok I think your ready......

The WOW category!!!
And tonight the newly named Little Mix really WOWed me! Loved that performance, you girls owned it tonight! I've always supported Rhythmix/Little Mix because of the personalities and the talent, but tonight they turned a corner for me. They really came together, the performance was that of a guest group on a Sunday. You girls really set the bar high tonight and certainly have a lot to live up to for next week! PS Jesy ignore the haters, you are beautiful inside and out! Your fans love you as you are because you are real! 

So as Alex would say, OK.com I think that sums everything up! Sunday will be interesting. Based on performances the bottom 2 should be Frankie and Sophie, but I have a feeling it may be Sophie and Kitty. We shall see......

Ooo oo oo one last thing I have to add!!! Dermot's entrance tonight!!! WOW he knows how to make me smile!!! Can't wait to see how he opens the show next week! YEY!

2 comments:

  1. Once again great blog! I'm on page with everything you said (except i cant quite make my mind up about marcus? good or bland i just cant decide?! lightyears ahead of fleaboy Frankie though #nocontest) in particular though I agree with the WOWcatergory! Little Mix's performance last night was phenomenal! I said to someone on twitter once the songs had been released if littlemix nail ET then they could 'blow everyone else out of the water' and I think they exceeded that for me!

    Also loved the burkemeister! OK.COM = fantastically retro I think she should coin the phrase! I don't dislike Kelly (in the words of tulisa on the xtra factor) or at least I didn't think I did but after tonight there was a much more pleasant atmosphere on the panel but still with healthy competition! all in all a great show :) including more classic moments from the dermatroid, can't wait for tonight!

    @scotland4Tulisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you. Little Mix were the performance of the night! I also loved Marcus and Kitty, their voices are both so amazing. And of course I think The Risk were very brave after what happened and could really put on a show! On the whole I believe it was the best life show so far! And I didn't miss Kelly at all! Alexandra really made some great comments!

    Great blog by the way! :)

    @MrJDu

    ReplyDelete