Little Mix!

Little Mix!
2011 WINNERS!!

Sunday 25 September 2011

Boot Camp BABY!!

Well what an exciting weekend this has been. I actually have a sore throat from shouting too much at the T.V. - and my hands are red from all the clapping! Let's recap!
Ok, so on Saturday we saw the excited bootcamp hopefuls drastically but deservedly stripped down by 40 before even getting a chance to sing again, if I'm honest a few others should have gone with them but hey, I'm not on the panel! The remaining artists were separated into groups to perform to the judges which in most cases was an absolute disaster, a bit of advice for future reference, don't lie to the judges - cameras are following you everywhere, if you can't stand each other then just say that! I'm sure the judges would have admired the honesty.

Anyway lets get back on track, the groups performed "together" and the quiet/shy and dreadful artists were sent packing, the remainder were given 24hrs to prepare another song and were told to 'Make it their own' which could only bring disaster in the most fabulous way! And it did! For those of you who saw, all I need to say is 'Kitty' and 'Goldie' - wow what a display.
On a serious note, I was disappointed in a few of the people that I had been excited to see again, on the flip side I was WOW'd by a few I didn't relate to first time around. Jade Richards for one, I didn't get her in her 1st audition, maybe I compared her too much to Adele, but last night she shone for me, and tonight she blew me away with 'Nobody Knows' I'm excited to see what she can do at judges houses. Opposite goes for Kitty - I'm sorry but how irritating can one person be? I liked her originally but now I can't stand watching her, and because she annoys me so much I can't appreciate her voice, she needs to calm down and get a grip - although with Louis as her mentor, he'll probably encourage her!

That brings me to my next topic - Judges categories. It appears everyone got who they wanted, and I think it's going to work really well. Gary got the boys, and I think he has a tough job with them, some very talented artists there - but he is more than capable, picked the right man for the job Mr X Factor producer. Well done. Craig is my favourite, beautiful tone to his voice, I would buy his album. I would not buy Frankie's album though, in my opinion he is too cocky and not talented enough to compete with the others. Joe Cox was a shocker, he didn't stand out for me until tonight, very surprised - but in a very good way.

Kelly got the girls, which to me was a shock because I thought she would've got the groups, I'm pleased though because I thought Tulisa would be good with the groups. The girl's are another tough category, Amelia Lily is amazing, how such a young girl can have that much talent is beyond me, and Janet got a 'living room in my PJ's' standing ovation from me with her rendition of 'I don't wanna miss a thing' goosebumps and everything. And there's Jade Richards, amazing too! Hmmm good luck Kelly! I think you may have a winner in there.

Tulisa got the groups, and I think she's got her work cut out for her, but she's a tough cookie and can handle them! I hope they don't think for one second that because she's young she'll be a push over, she knows her stuff and has been in the business long enough, don't mess with her. The Key's were good in Saturdays performance, and I've got a soft spot for Girl v Boy, didn't see much of them this weekend but I love the Glee/High school musical theme! This will be an interesting category to watch, see what Tulisa can do with them.

Last but not least, we've got Louis with the over 25's - ouch. For a normal judge this would be an easy choice however Louis isn't a normal judge - remember Wagner?? I just hope he has the sense to keep Sami, she's amazing, and probably his only real chance in this competition, she makes me happy inside when she comes on the screen, so bubbly and such a beautiful voice. No doubt Goldie will get through, he loves anything like that, she's entertaining but she doesn't have the voice for the competition. I'm soooo pleased he didn't take them to Ireland!

Next week is going to be interesting to say the least!

My parting thoughts this week have to be......WOW how much do I want one of those Minority Report style computers, as Gary would say 'That was AH-MAY-ZING!'

No comments:

Post a Comment