Little Mix!

Little Mix!
2011 WINNERS!!

Monday 19 September 2011

Tears, Tantrums and Tight trousers!

So this weekend saw the end of the audition shows, and although the weekend was filled with class A entertainment, it pains me to say it, they didn't leave the best to last. Don't get me wrong, we saw some great talent, mainly on Saturday, but in my opinion not as good as previous weeks.
The judges however, they cracked me up, Louis getting his knickers in a twist because the other judges disagreed with him, get used to it Louis, your not always right! And the girls having a few disagreements, it's nice to see some passion for a change, for me the best thing about the girls arguing was the fact it wasn't plastered all over a paper/magazine with a headline 'Tulisa and Kelly - war of the women' or something, they both know the deal, they are professional young women who respect each other enough to not always have to agree and be able to voice that without animosity. It's nice. Gary was great as usual, straight talking with a hint of humour/sarcasm.

As well as the end of the auditions, this weekend also brought us the vulnerable side of Tulisa, usually the one to hold it together we saw her have a weak moment on Saturday, and why the hell not, she's human isn't she, and clearly she has an amazing bond with her Mam - that's Northern for Mum if you didn't know! Again it also showed the girls visible bond with each other as she leaned towards Kelly for support, who immediately comforted her, you wouldn't have seen that with Cheryl and Dannii!

Ok, so now for my thoughts on the talent...
I have to start with John Wilding, WOW, what a come back, his rendition of Jennifer Hudson I love you I do made me stand up and clap in my PJ's - and not feel silly, ok maybe a little. His dress sense however was questionable - how on earth did he get into those trousers, more to the point, how will he get out of them - watch out at boot-camp, he may still have them on - Wow they were tight!
He's one to watch, if he keeps up his confidence he may have a real chance at this - it's happened before with Alexandra Burke.

Another John blew the judges socks off, this time I'm referring to the 'Handsome Young Fellow' John Adams - unfortunately I'm not as amazed as the judges, I'm sitting on the fence until I hear him sing again. Brilliant song choice, 'Cannonball' at parts sang it beautifully but for me he also had a nervousness to his voice. At times I didn't like his stage presence either, found him a bit creepy and awkward, especially when he went down to the panel, hmmm. Pleased he got through though and I look forward to hearing him again. Have to mention little ol' Dermot singing along back stage with the family - bless!

For those of you who watched Xtra Factor you will remember Faye Horne who sang a unique version of 'She Said' by Plan B. It was very interesting, I wasn't keen on her at first but as she got into it I started to enjoy it, especially when she started to rap, won me over - not many females can pull that off and still sound good, she done a good job.

And lastly I have to mention the reformed bad lad Bradley Johnson, again I'm on the fence with this lad, he has potential but he didn't give me the spine tingling wow factor, he sounded like he was doing an Ed Sheeran impression rather than just singing 'The A Team' he will be another act I'm interested to hear again.

Wow I'm hard to please!

My favourite part of Sunday night was the recap from the all the auditions, got me really excited for boot-camp seeing all those that first time around gave me goosebumps, Janet Devlin, Amelia Lily, Craig Colton to name a few. I just hope they don't fail to impress second time around, as that is sometimes the case, only time will tell - and if I'm honest, I can't wait!!!

Finishing words for the day - there's someone who, although may not be on the judging panel, gets all the fans revved up for the show and lets normal everyday people like me get involved in the hype, TheXFactor Twitter Guy! If you don't already, follow him!

No comments:

Post a Comment