Little Mix!

Little Mix!
2011 WINNERS!!

Thursday 15 September 2011

So then, it allll begins...........

Whether you like it or not The X Factor is back, with a bang! Personally I started to go off it in recent years, got bored with the usual sob stories, sympathy votes and the endless amount of rubbish acts being shown on the live auditions, then all of a sudden these amazing acts just appearing at boot camp or judges houses. To be honest I got bored with judges to, Simon started to be predictable, Cheryl was always predictable, Dannii was fab at first but started to be lost in Cheryl's shadow which was a shame as she was funny on the Xtra Factor, and Louis....well Louis was just an idiot!
However having said all that, I was very dubious about the new line up, didn't think it would work with a complete shake up, not just one or two judges replaced, but 3 - leaving Louis as the only original ARGH it's never going to work. How wrong was I??? All honestly I watched the first episode expecting to cancel the Sky+ recording and start reading on a Saturday night, OH MY GOD, I have never enjoyed X factor as much ever. The judges seem to gel much better, there's no war between the girls or awkward atmosphere, Gary is brilliant, doesn't take any s**t say's it how it is, Kelly is sensitive, funny but honest, Tulisa is so refreshing, young but wise and very honest, straight to the point, and Louis, well he is actually bearable, at a push I'd say he's funny! I've actually become obsessed with X Factor now, I literally can't wait for next week just to see the judges, it's all I talk about, which is the point I guess. Also I've noticed that they've stopped concentrating on the crap acts all the time, sure there's still a few but that's acceptable.
I think Simon Cowell has made the complete right decision with this years line up, he's got it spot on. Even the Xtra Factor is better, to be fair it couldn't have been worse that last year, Konnie bless her was rubbish, so wooden and awkward to watch. Olly and Caroline and brilliant together, their backstage shenanigans are hilarious, and the side stage presence when the acts are performing is genius.
Overall I think this year's X Factor is going to be a good one, so long as nothing changes, personally I think if you meddle too much then you run the risk of p***ing people off, causing confusion, frustration and eventually lost patient and channel changing!
I know the recent rumour mill is that Cheryl is after her old job and there's allegedly discussions between her and Simon about her making a comeback as a guest judge, as I say these are just rumours at the minute and may not have any truth at all in them, but my opinion is that there's just no room for Cheryl anymore, she needs to move on try new things, and Simon needs to realise that the show is brilliant without her, bringing her back will annoy quite a few viewers and possible ruin her reputation as 'The nations sweetheart', especially if she replaces any of the new judges. Both Kelly and Tulisa are doing a sterling job and have earned their place on that panel, bonds have been made, and things should be left as they are. I'm hooked and I've actually watched a few episodes again just to fill the gap between Sunday and Saturday - shameful! I'd hate to have to switch off in protest, or worse, watch it but cringe and not really enjoy it - actually that's more shameful!
This Blog is going to be used to review each week, give my opinion, maybe make a few predictions, I hope you enjoy reading and make any comments, good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment