Little Mix!

Little Mix!
2011 WINNERS!!

Sunday 6 November 2011

Club Classics, Avoided disaster....almost

I have to start this week with a rant about the media, I tend to do this now and again and after this week I feel the urge! I know any press is good press when it comes to stuff like The X Factor because it's going to get people interested, and talking about it, but my head is done in with the amount of different things I've had to ponder over in one week! Kelly is back and Tulisa is ill, Tulisa and Kelly make up but then fall out again. Tulisa has the flu and may not make the show. Louis given the nod from Simon to axe one of the other Judges in place of Cheryl. The judges getting categories swapped around. ARGH!!! Information overload! Now until I read it straight from Twitter Guy himself them I refuse to believe anything ever again, ever, EVER! Done, rant over!

Now then, as Gary said 14 million and a half times, Club Classics week is always the hardest for the contestants, especially for those that have a specific style already. It will either make them or break them. Pleased to say that quite a few surprised me tonight, in a 'just found a tenner in an old coat' kind of way! YES! One act tonight has actually made me change a category name, instead of 'YAY' 'NAY' and 'Hmmm' we've now got 'YAY' 'FRANKIE' and 'Hmmm' you'll have to wait until later to find out who inspired the change though....

First up I'll discuss the Hmmm's
Likkle Ikkle Janet Devlin, how I loved her knew look, the hair was fabulous, but she lost her way tonight. At first I was impressed at her efforts, and spirit, she took the challenge and embraced it, but she just lost it in the middle then for me she seemed to fall apart a bit. Bless her.
Then we've got the ever glittery Kitty, hey that rhymes, kinda, now she left me a bit disappointed, and I blame her VT, (for those of you who don't know what that is, it stands for video tape, ooops wrong programme!) in it they went on and on about all the big things she wanted to do for her performance, so here I was expecting her to ride in on a Giraffe walking along a tight rope above the judges! Now that would've been amazing! But she didn't really do much, and I felt robbed. She sang ok though and had a little boogie so it wasn't all bad news!
Then lastly we've got Mischa B, I think this week image wise it's the best she's looked, I don't like the big shoulder pads and Rhino horn hair look, she looked more natural tonight and I liked it. Her performance, as good as she is, just didn't really do it for me tonight, I actually found myself looking through the blinds to see if I could still see the bonfire from along the street, that's never a good sign!

Yet again this week the YAY category is at maximum capacity, people need to start being rubbish just so I can spread them out a bit :-)
As ever we've got the fabulous Johnny, I have no idea what was up with Gary tonight, as I thought Johnny was great, especially the second half. Just fab! I really don't care that it was slightly predictable either, Johnny is unique and for that I love him!
The Risk and Craig were both great tonight, vocally strong and performance wise they both done a great job, nothing bad to say about either, well maybe the start of The Risk performance was a bit dull but from the Rap onwards I loved it.
Hats off to Marcus, he really knows how to perform, and enjoy it. He never looks scared or nervous, he just does his thing and blows us away. And tonight was no exception, he nailed it, but I disagree with Gary saying it was performance of the season. Little Mix still own that title for ET!
Which perfectly leads us onto the fab 4, Little Mix, who again done a fabulous job. I really don't have a bad word to say about these girls. And I won't hear any either la la lalala la la *fingers in ears* I can't hear you! I love it when they do the dance routines, and they each have amazing voices! Plus 2 of them are Geordies.....biased much! WEY Not likely! :-D

Finally, we have the newly renamed category FRANKIE, and I know you are all dying to know who could have inspired me to change the name, and it may come as a shock to you, in fact I have to insist that you are sitting down and actually holding onto your seats when I reveal it, are you? are you holding on tight? Ok here goes...... the only act in the FRANKIE category, and the inspiration for the name is........Frankie! I know, shocker right?? Sorry Gary but how on earth could you justify the comment to Johnny about him making a mockery of the show, knowing full well what was coming from Frankie! It was like a random drunk had just been let on stage to have a mess around with a mic! I don't know him as a person and still disagree with the boos (even though I boo'd at home, shhhh though) but based on his ability to sing and perform on the show, I'm not a fan! Sorry to those that are!

With the odd exception, tonight has been the best night so far, everyone did appear to up their game. Even Kelly was throwing her crazy wavey arms around, and saying a bit too many of her wacky American phrases!
Double elimination tomorrow must be on everyone's mind and they were clearly trying to impress to avoid the chop, if it was my decision it would be Frankie and Kitty, and honestly, I think that's what the public may sway towards. We'll see.

Quote of the night "At least I'm here every week" HA me too Louis! Hard core we are!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey!!!

    Last nights show was once again very enjoyable apart from one notable exception. I believe he had his very own category named after him on this very blogspot...yes Frankie. I cannot believe Gary Barlow has the audacity to berate Johnny and yet praise Frankie, makes me feel a little sick! I like gary I think he is sound a rather down to earth but when boating egotistical Gary shows up I feel sad :( anyways!

    Hear, hear *round of applause* for your rant about the media, pahhh there are really worth my energy to write anything about them scary from to say pppppppffffffft!

    I liked Janets look this week, very fresh an cute but thought her more uptempo performance was very awkward and more like someone who was told to ACT confident, rather than who WAS confident. Thought it was big of Tulisa to admitt she got it wrong about wanting janet to be more out there...but I think she should look on it as nothing ventured nothing gained sorta week!

    but in a different league altogether for me were little mix! WOW there is not one thing I don't like about these girls and everyweek they deliver something new and fresh! I really really hope they get through because leighanne tweeted me something rather exciting the otherday, that Little mix are hoping to one on one of the live shows their judges houses performance that was shown very briefly on xtra factor...it included leighanne rapping, Jesy beatboxing and a classic Tulisa reference from the ndubz song playing with fire...SO DAMN EXCITED FOR THAT!!! hehe

    Once again thanks so much for the blog it's now a genuine feature of the ultimate xfactor experience :)

    @scotland4Tulisa
    ps despite being the youngest...Tulisa is mature beyond her 23 years on that panel! she out shone everyone else in that respects last night! well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My God, is like you read my mind! I completely agree with you, except for Johnny. I really can't see him as a recording artist and I don't like his voice.

    And as much as I love watching Marcus, I have to say that I too don't think his Reet Petite was the performance of the season. That crown still belongs to Little Mix's ET :) But he'll get there :P

    And I also bet on Frankie and Kitty to leave tonight, hopefully.

    The WW3 among the panel is just ridiculous. It may be raising ratings but in the meantime, only Tulisa is smart enough to know when to shut up. On the other hand, I've gained new respect for Louis after he said nothing but the truth about Frankie.

    Oh well, as long as some of them keep singing, I'll watch the show :)



    @MrJDu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scotland4tulisa: you are nuts lol. but in a good way! I'm excited to see what Little Mix have in store in the future as long as they get through!

    MrJDu: Thanks again for reading. I agree with you about Johnny, I wouldn't buy his album, I just love him as a person lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahaha I definitely take nuts to be a good thing! What is life without a bit of crazy right?! lol though I just had a glance through my last post there and wow half of it didn't reeeeally make sense (damn you autocorrect! lol) so sorry about that!

    @scotland4Tulisa :)

    ReplyDelete