Little Mix!

Little Mix!
2011 WINNERS!!

Sunday 13 November 2011

Own up, who forgot to pay the electric?

So there I was, pen in hand ready and waiting dead on 8:15pm, and there I was pen in hand STILL ready and waiting 15mins later, but I didn't complain like the bazillion twitterers on my timeline, I just had a giggle at Goldie wrapping her legs around Gary's head, never gets old that does it! I can honestly say, hand on heart, that it never crossed my mind that the delay was on purpose or had any other reason than a power cut! People are so cynical, lighten up! Not everyone is out to get one over on you, these magical things called mistakes do happen sometimes!

Anyway, one power cut later and we were enjoying the Dermotron smashing the Lady Gaga paws pose! Whoop gotta love me some Dermot Dancing!

Queue montage from previous week, and let's be honest, WHAT a week it's been, finally we wont need to suffer Hairy beast boy no more! Various tabloids have claimed they know the truth but only Frankie and those involved will ever truly know, I just hope he sorts himself out, he couldn't sing but that doesn't make him a bad person. Don't become a bad person Frankie! Anyway, one out meant one back in and despite the rants and raving from most people, I thought the way X Factor done it was totally fair, Johnny and The Risk had their shot with the public and lost, the original 4 were dropped before they even got a chance. So we 'The Public' had to pick from JonJo, James, 2 Shoes and Amelia, clearly it was a 2 horse race between Amelia and 2 Shoes, with the almighty Amelia smashing the vote WHOOOOOP! If she wins I hope her first words to Kelly are 'In your Face'

Ok so that's the drama of the week dealt with, now let's discuss the contestants:

Starting the YAY category this week is the newest member of the ever decreasing contestant family, Amelia, and let me just say, WOW!! Kelly I hope you are ashamed, Amelia belongs on that stage, she is so talented and as Tulisa said, she came back in at week 6 with the same stage presence as those contestants that have had 5 weeks doing it. Well done Amelia.
Next up the ever improving Little Mix, as usual they were ace, these girls never fail to impress, HOWEVER, and it's a big however, I partially agree with Gary, not that they are predictable, but that I would like to hear them sing a ballad or something slower, just so we can truly appreciate their voices. Still got my vote though!
And lastly we've got Craig with the slowed down version of Paparazzi, for me that was his best performance of the series, he nailed it, I don't use this word very often but it was BEAUTIFUL really really beautiful! The old Craig I loved was back last night, and I hope he sticks around.

Next up the very short but sweet Hmmm category, only one act this week, and its a shocker. The normally YAY Marcus just failed to wow me last night, no denying his talent, his voice is amazing but as a performance it just didn't blow me over. I agree with the judges the jazzy route he took with the song was just too soon after last week and definitely too Bruno Mars.

Next up we have the NAY category, now I previously complained the acts were being too good, I guess they took notice and this week decided to go down a notch instead of going up, either that or I just wasn't in a very good mood last night - which I don't remember!
Lets start with the up and down Kitty, this week I genuinely felt sorry for her, as soon as I heard it was Gaga vs Queen week I expected Kitty to sing, and nail, Born this way, but when I heard she wasn't I was totally shocked, but then when I heard Mischa B was singing it, lets just say I wasn't so shocked! Hmmm moving on...
Kitty's performance was just a bit boring for me, despite the whole theatrics of it, I just wasn't on board.
Then we've got Mischa B, I guess this was another one of those performances that sound better in the studio than at home, the judges were raving about it but I just thought it sounded poor, a lot of shouty wailing and not much else. Out of all the songs to pick, she could've done something better, make of that what you will...
Last but not least little Miss Janet, I've always had mixed reviews of Janet, but this week I totally lost interest when she was singing, it was so dull and boring, that song is an anthem, and shouldn't be sang like that, I hope I'm wrong when I say this because I like her but that performance may put Janet in a dangerous position in the vote off.

That's this weeks round up pretty much done and dusted, my predictions for the vote off tonight, hmmm if we base it on talent then I think it will be between Janet and Kitty, but if we base it on popularity then I think it will be between Kitty and Janet......see what I did there!! But I'm just a nobody with an opinion, this competition is so wide open this year I have no idea which way it's going to go! Vote, then complain if it doesn't work out your way, if you don't vote, you can't complain!

2 comments:

  1. Talk about a rollercoaster week!

    Thank God Frankie is out and thank the UK public Amelia is in! For me, her performance completely obliterated the others! It was the performance of the night and I risk to say the performance of the season so far. What a comeback!
    Now, this will certainly change the odds for everyone because it's almost certain that she'll be in the final, probably with Marcus and Craig...Janet may be in the bottom 2 sooner than we think...I don't know what's gong to happen.

    As for the other performances, I must say I almost entirely agreed with the judges last night. Marcus repeated what he did last week (although it was a great performance); Janet was boring; Craig was very good (although I still don't seem him on a stage); Little Mix were great (although a bit shaky in the beginning and doing a bit of the same thing); Kitty was dreadful, I thought it only sounded good in the high notes; Mischa was fantastic (it's where I disagree with you ;P), I really enjoyed her performance and Kitty wouldn't have done it better for sure.

    Tonight, I think Kitty will be out. She will be in the bottom 2, that's for sure. Now, with whom? Either Janet, Mischa or Little Mix (these last two aren't in the bookies favourites to win, so I'm saying this based on that). But the judges will save them all, so, no worries this week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiyya!

    Wowzers, what a week eh?! I think it was always a dead cert that Amelia was gonna be back once the scenario had been announced by the xfactorians, she is a popular lady! but I'm just not biting...gaah I can't out by finger on it why I don't click with her because everything about her screams that I should be a big fan! I'm hoping shell win me over with a few of her performances. though I won't be voting for anyone other than littlemix! these girls have totally stolen my heart ahhhh in everyway...and I do genuinely think that its not just because Tulisa is their mentor but because they are phenom! I get the vibe that their support is gaining week by week and long may it continue! (is it truly sad that I can't wait for the voting figures to be release so I can *hopefully* track their meteoric rise through the weeks!

    totally in concurrence with you about Marcus lost his creativity by trying to box himself too much...he definitely forced it but hopefully he'll learn from that! :)

    ahhhh i had lots more to add but (thankfully for you) extreme fatigue is getting the better of me (been a busy weekend) but who knows might pop back for a cheeky comment later!! always love stopping in here!!

    @scotland4Tulisa :)

    ReplyDelete