Little Mix!

Little Mix!
2011 WINNERS!!

Saturday 26 November 2011

Double songs, but not double WOW!

Prepare yourselves for a rather twisty, wailing and god awful review of this weeks show, a bit like some of the acts! OUCH I didn't just go there did I.... oh yes I did! No seriously, I'm in a terrible mood because this week I wasn't behind the scenes and yes I'm feeling VERY bitter about it. Therefore I have been sat at home like an old woman twisting at everything.....so please, PLEASE enjoy my review :-D

As there's only 5 left, I'm not going to categorise them into YAY NAY and Hmmm, I'm just gonna review each act independently and give my honest opinion, maybe too honest at times.... lets begin!

It may be a good idea to get the worst out the way first and I'm sorry in advance as this may get a bit messy......Janet Devlin. Starting with her messed lyrics, hmmm, now once is bad enough on the show, but twice is just not on, not this far into the competition and certainly not on 2 occasions in the same song! Fair enough she said she wasn't feeling well, but still, she totally killed Mmmbop and not in a good way, NEVER in a good way! So needless to say I was hoping she would come back with her 2nd song and smash it, however I was asleep through most of it, so if she did smash it then I missed it! Not good Janet, not good at all! Hopefully it's because she was unwell, IF she gets through to next week IF then fingers crossed she's feeling better and she sounds better. IF

Next up, The fabulous Little Mix, now I'm a big fan of these girls and love every performance they do, but I'm here to do an honest job so regardless of personal feelings I have to be true. Tonight I didn't think they done as well as previous weeks, I wasn't keen on the Bieber song, loved the remix Diana Ross part but overall I wasn't as fussed about it. However I love love LOVED their Beautiful cover, they showed true emotion throughout and although vocally it wasn't their best to date, it was a beautifully touching performance and still vocally better than most others. Loved it.

Then we have Misha B. Now I'm going to compare her to last years Rebecca Ferguson, all through the season last year I just didn't connect with Rebecca vocally yet everyone else did. I find it the same with Misha, I just didn't think either of her performances tonight were very good yet the judges and a lot of people on twitter were raving about her. Clearly it's just me then. I thought her first performance was just full of wailing, and her 2nd performance was just not for me at all. Never mind, it would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing.

I'm clearly in a bad mood tonight because even Marcus didn't float my boat tonight. Normally I think he nails it, but his first performance was OK, and his second was bad and good. His George Michael cover was quite good, but considering how good his previous performances were then it wasn't my favourite of his. Then we've got his Stevie Wonder song, and I for one LOVE that song so had particularly high hopes for him, but was gutted at how bad he started off, the first half of the song was really pitchy and I was really upset about it, but then he pulled it back in the 2nd half. THANK GOD! Still not my best from him though.

Lastly we've got Amelia. I am a big Amelia fan, I was one of those idiots shouting and raging about her getting kicked off in the first week. And based on her first performance tonight, I was right to be raging, she took the lead in the best performance of the night for the 1st round. She sang that beautiful, aced it. But then came the 2nd song and I can't express my excitement when I found out she was singing a Kelly Clarkson song, but then my utter disappointment at it being 'Since u been gone' - of all the songs to pick I was praying it wouldn't be that one. I do like the song but to prove Amelia's singing ability there are so many better songs to sing. Good effort all round though.

To be honest I think the strain of having to rehearse 2 songs has been noticeable by all contestants this week, which is a shame because one of them won't get a 2nd chance. Each and everyone of them are talented, I know that first hand, but either this week they struggled with 2 songs or I just struggled to get passed watching at home and not in the wings *super sad face*

My predictions are, for what it's worth as I'm never right, bottom 2 should be Janet and Misha, possibly Amelia. But I think Janet will go if she's an option. She's talented but personally she doesn't have The X Factor!

I've got a week to get over my depression so fingers crossed I'll be back next week with nicer things to say, I apologise for this weeks gloominess!

3 comments:

  1. The X Factor show should annoy you more often if this is the words it produces from you. It feels like finally we have you where you should be. Having said that I think some of your views are wrong, but then, we can't all agree. I think Little Mix hit the motherload last week, and will have to go some to get back up there again. They certainly didn't this week.

    It seems that 'blaming illness' is very in right now. Far be it for me to say that it has never been true in the past weeks but Janet this week was awful. It was the kind of performance you watch through your fingers. People have hit the 'I've been ill' button before and performed better than she did, she does however have form for forgetting words. She bottled it this week.

    Marcus continues to bring his A Game and speaking personally it's nice to see him dancing with men. He's going to be in the final if their is a God. As there is, he will be in the final.

    Try as I might to connect with Misha B, I can't. There is something off about her. She has the goods until the last note at which point the music goes and when it's just her she loses whatever it is. The X Factor, you may say.

    I'm off to count holes in crumpets.
    In a bit.

    Bongo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bongo, who ever you are, this was great haha loved ready this. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by a bit late *hectic times* but wouldnt miss commenting on my weekly blog fix!

    Saturdays show was very strange. I think you make a good point that the acts probably didn't step up very well to having two songs to perform. Having said that there was one act for me that was clearly head and shoulders above the others...aye Little Mix. I was actually really scared for their performance of bieber, really thought they would make a hash of it...more because of the song than their lack of ability but I think they really delivered with it! Their vocal might not have been quite as not perfect as Don't let go (potensh/defs the best xfactor performance ever....I also said that about ET!) but their arrangement ing vocals was technically brilliant. but not as technically brilliant as their rendition of beautiful. just breakthtakingly emotional :)

    not really got much to say about the others mostly because they were either painful or dull (folitz can't even remember what Marcus sung?! and that's a surprise because I do loves a bit of Marcus!) oh and I thought Amelias second performance was bordering on worst of series...yes even worse that Nu-vibes beautiful people!

    anyways just somemore of my ranting lol, pleasure as always to read and be involved with your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete