Little Mix!

Little Mix!
2011 WINNERS!!

Monday 21 November 2011

Late but rightly so....

As promised here's my round up on this weeks performances, as I may have already mentioned, I was backstage this weekend, did I mention that? Hmmmm not sure, anyway just for safe measures I'll mention it again, I was backstage this weekend! YAY! Therefore I got to hear and see the true magic of each performance, but just for the interest of this blog, I also had the show recorded and watched it back today so I'm gonna review based on what you guys saw and heard just so we are all on the same level!
Same process as usual, lets get this shiz done....

Lets start with the NAY category this week, pretty easy one to start with as it's empty, yes you heard me right EMPTY! I genuinely didn't think anyone deserved to be in this category this weekend, good start eh.......hmmmm we'll see...moving on....

Next up the Hmmm category, now this is where the fun starts because this category is BOOMING this week. Now to be fair, all performances on Saturday had moments of fabulousness but some just lacked something, cue Craig Colton. Vocally he was flawless, really really amazing, but as this week was Movie Theme week, you would think Gary would've picked something a lot better than Licence to Kill. Not to say it isn't a good song, just out of ALL the songs available to showcase Craig's voice, I wouldn't have picked that. I had to agree with Louis and Tulisa. Also had to disagree with Gary, song choice is always important, get the song wrong and your in trouble......you saw the result right??? Ahem moving on....
Janet was another 'good but not amazing' performance, as for song choice I thought Kelly nailed it this week, totally suited her perfectly, but as with most Janet performances I switched off again, all other contestants build up to a big moment in a song but with Janet I always feel like she lacks in the 'Finale' department if you get what I mean. Vocally she was really strong this week but a bit boring.
Amelia next, yet again another great vocal, she done well with what she had, but what she had wasn't the best. Lovely girl though with a beautiful voice.
Lastly we have Misha, personally I was cringing at the beginning, thought it sounded really pitchy, but as she got into it she really started to smash it, but then near the end it started to go shouty again which I'm not a fan of. Brilliant song choice, performance looked beautiful but just sounded off to me in parts.

Now then lads and lasses, we have the fabulously gorgeous YAY Category, now I know there seems to be a reoccuring theme but I can honestly say that I base my comments 100% on my own opinions from what I see and hear, I can promise it's all genuine and not biased in any way shape or form. Just thought I'd best clear that up for any doubters :-)
Ok lets get back to business. Amazing performances from this weekend, you probably already know what's coming, and if not then WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU WATCHING! Marcus and his amazing choir, wow, what a performance to end the show, he was awesome, you could tell he enjoyed it too, like Kelly said - I felt like I was physically lifted off the ground from the buzz! Awesome Marcus.
Lastly the fabulous foursome Little Mix, this week they showed they aren't just 4 bubbly girls who come out and jump around to a happy pop song, dam those girls can sing. I loved how they stripped it back this weekend and I look forward to more vocally challenging songs next weekend. Joint best performance of there's, with E.T. woo yea!

So that's the round up, and as I'm behind this week it's pretty pointless giving my predictions.....or is it....hmmm lets see.
I think the bottom 2 will be Amelia and Craig, and Craig will go after deadlock. Wooooooo how cool am I getting it absolutely right! (shhhh don't tell anyone I cheated ok, it's between me and you)
To be honest, although it was a HUGE shock, it actually wasn't that much of a shock. Craig was amazing and didn't deserve to go, but hey, no one does really.

1 comment:

  1. wow, blog post to end all blogposts..."I was backstage this weekend" say it as many times as you like girl cause it never gets old! :) I'm so glad you get to share a bit of the experience through your blog and wernt sworn to total secrecy! so who was the coolest contestant to meet?

    contestant performances wise you make it so hard to disagree in anyway as j totally agree with your hmmm's and yaaay's . for me I find Marcus and little mix edging away from the others everyweek and also little mix edging that lil bit in front of Marcus performances wise. thought the others arnt bad...just dull! think Kelly needs to be a bit more creative with them. maybe we'll see a bit of spark in Motown week!! though we have to lose a girl next week surely...it's all becoming a bit unbalanced?!! lol

    thanks again for taking the time to write ur blog so crazy people like me can muse over it! just before I go can I just say how much I missed Kitty this weekend...wow there was a bit kitty shaped gap of creativity missing from the performances! oh well!

    ReplyDelete