Little Mix!

Little Mix!
2011 WINNERS!!

Saturday 3 December 2011

Semi Final, Full Throttle

Part of me is absolutely gutted that we now only have 1 show left to enjoy/hate/scream/cry and just LOVE, but part of me is also quite looking forward to getting my Saturday nights back...hmmm maybe....we'll see!

Now tonight has had me seriously stressed out on more than one occasion, and also Angry! This week more at the judges than the contestants, although some of the performances made me slightly mad too! Let's discuss...

Misha B - As you all well know I'm not a Misha fan, but I am always honest, if I like a performance I will always say so, same if I don't, and this week again, I didn't. I don't like Misha's voice, that is my honest opinion. She puts on a good performance, and definitely has the confidence and star quality, but vocally she just isn't my cup of tea. Quick comments on her performances, firstly I can't enjoy a Motown song with 'B'rrrap' thrown in the middle, personal preference *shudders at the mental replay* although I do appreciate she was trying to make it her own *shudders again*! Secondly P!NK is a legend and 'Perfect' is one of my favourite songs, so to me, only P!NK can sing that how it's meant to be sung, make of that as you will...
Don't agree with Gary's comments at all, what happened in the past should stay in the past, as the judges keep saying, yet he decides now is the time to bring that back up, low blow in my opinion, which although may have been intended to get more people behind her, may just highlight the reasons why people didn't vote in the first place. Tut tut Mr Barlow. Moving on...

Amelia - I really like Amelia, she seems lovely. I don't always like her performances though. Tonight her first performance was the best of round 1. She seemed to tone it down a bit so we got to hear more of her stripped back voice, rather than her shouty 'hitting the high notes' voice. Really enjoyed it. Having said that I wasn't keen on her second performance, when she started, I got goosebumps and really thought this was going to be amazing, but then came the shouting and I just got angry, so disappointed! She is so talented and I do love her voice.....at times!

Little Mix - needless to say, I do love a little bit of Little Mix. But like I said earlier, regardless of personal feelings, I will always be honest. So here goes. Little Mix NAILED both performances, they didn't mess up at all.....sugar plums I told a fib......dam you honesty! Lets try that again, ok have to be honest, first performance wasn't their best, Leighann did mess up which made me soooooooo gutted for her! She did pull it back really well though, but I'd be a hypocrite to say it's ok to mess your lines up this far into the competition. Generally I enjoyed their performance but it was weaker than usual. HOWEVER, their second performance was fabulous, I'll admit I was worried at the beginning, thought it started shaky, but when they got into it I honestly loved it. Perrie totally nailed it, but not just her, they all came together beautifully!
Again Mr Barlow was bang out of order, Jade done a fab job taking on the lead vocals, yes Perrie is awesome, but there's no need to take Jade's moment away from her. Not Cool! AND with 4 girls as talented as these, you don't necessarily need a lead singer, the others are too good to be just backing singers.

Marcus - now this is a strange one for me. I loved Marcus in the beginning, I thought he was amazingly talented but seemed to be hidden by other artists, I think that's why I liked him so much, he outshone those that you expected to steal the show. However now he seems to have lost that spark for me, I find him boring and predictable. As soon as I heard it was Motown week I knew Marcus would be in his element and would nail it, which he did, but he didn't wow me at all. It was boring, vocally flawless, but boring. He lacks the shock factor with me, and I no longer get excited to see what he's performing. Shame. His second performance wasn't much better either. One thing I will say for him though, he has amazing energy and spirit, and I loved the fact he never complained or played the sympathy card (excluding Xtra Factor) about his throat infection. He got on with it like a trooper, maybe he should have complained, then people would understand why his second performance sounded pitchy and quite awful in parts, but he didn't, and for that I applaud him. Others in the comp, not naming names, would have played on that immensely!

My thoughts on next week's finalists: Well despite my comments above, I would love to see Marcus in the final, like I said he is vocally flawless at times, and regardless of wow factor, he deserves a place in the final, just to try one last time to shock us, really pull it out of the bag. Also Little Mix, in my opinion those girls have improved the most yet at the same time remained themselves, level headed, they bring something fresh to the competition and it would be amazing to see them in the final. And lastly I would like to see Amelia Lily, she shouldn't have gone in week one, and people say she shouldn't win because she was out for so long, well that wasn't her fault, public didn't vote her off, her vocals can be amazing with the right songs, she deserves her place in the competition and has worked hard for it, would love to see her go through.

Obviously that leaves us with Misha B, as i've stressed 47 million time, this is just my opinion, but it doesn't mean I think Misha deserves to go home. As an artist I don't get her, and out of the remaining 4, she is my least favourite. But there's millions of other voting opinions out there so we shall see in less that 24 hours.
Hopefully in those 24 hours Gary will have had a spa visit, plenty of sleep and will be in a better mood, at the minute he's getting on my nerves! Cheer up Gary! Also think Tulisa needs to see someone about her hand, and possible someone may need to take a look at the judges desk, by heck I wouldn't like a fight with her! :-D

OOOOOOooooo almost forgot! Dermot Dancing was amazing tonight, shake that bum Dermot, awwwww I'm gonna miss those moves!

3 comments:

  1. A large part of this (like, Peter Kay large) is spot on. This week seemed more notable for the judges than the acts if you ask me. I hope they triaged that desk after Tulisa mullered it with her slamming, it was all very emotional. It's good that she can be in tune with her emotions as she will need to be in the next few months; soloooooooooo album.

    Gary is the grinch at times, think it's coz no matter how well he sings, Robbie Williams will sell out concerts on his own. He should know about talent versus razmatazzz. He has one, he does not have the other but thats ok coz he surrounds himself with people that do. Makes him an expert to speak on the subject.

    Personally I think the final was decided weeks ago. I'm not saying it's a fix I merely mean that the quality acts rose to the top very quickly. This may be why Marcus is somewhat whelming with his performances. It feels like he knows he is in the final, we know he is in the final, just biding his time now and possibly phoning it in a little.

    Speaking of little. Little Mix rocked the second song, they will be in the final regardless of that minor SNAFU in the first song.

    Don't get me started on Mischa B.

    On a personal note, I think everyone (who mattered) wearing Aids ribbons this week was a nice act. Unlike with the poppy, it's not always the case that they are worn on TV. ITV showed real class there. Nice work...

    In a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I agree with everything you said. I like Amelia Lily too when she's not being shouty. Little Mix's second performance was the best of the night for me. Btw, it wasn't that Leigh-Ann forgot the words in their first performance (I like it too!), it was because of the mic, her lips were moving if you watch it again. Marcus, I don't rate because he's incredibly boring and as for Misha B, something about the tone of her voice annoys me at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As ever brilliant, makes my day reading your blog!

    BOOM as ever bang on point (unlike some people's vocals) with your summary, though as I said on twitter not too sure about Amelia having best 1st song..I just don't get her vocally? To my ears she is always either wayy flat or off sharp. Having said that I cannot stress enough how much I want to see her in the final over Meesha B (Yup rooting for a LITTLE MIX, Marcus, Amelia final too)

    I just don't think that chick can sing without screeching te vocals.Sorry meesh you are what you wear....a broken record!

    i totally value your honesty despite being a Little Mixer and I'll agree this was not their most comfortable night, having said that they were still miles and miles a head of everyone else vocally and Gary Barlow can just shut up. Clearly he employing tactically judging because suddenly LITTLE MIX an not Marcus are favourites. It's low Gary, really low and I don't like jealousy..,so back off barlow! *rant was good* :)
    Little Mix blew me away with I were a boy which is massive because I can't really decided if I like that song when beyonce sings it?! :O for me this was fo'sho the best performance of the night!!

    Can't believe it's almost at the end of the series :( but dermatroid was rocking those moves tonight! love that man! and tulisa was looking lovely in fuchsia - loved the her wearing the longer dress, stunning! her passion was also beautiful tonight, made me coin in those votes for little mix so much more! thank you T:) and thanks again to you for taking the time to write this, pleasure to read!

    ReplyDelete